The review of Gay Friend Finder is below.
Category Reviewed: Gay Dating
Updated: June 2011
Membership Types: Free (Standard) & Paid (Gold & Silver)
Target Groups: Gay Men
- Over 180,000 members* worldwide.
- You can search for someone who is also seeking a date, relationship, marriage, or friendship.
- Most members are from the USA. The UK, Canada and Australia also have a strong showing.
- You can chat for free in one of the 9 topical or 50+ geographical chat rooms.
- You can chat for free on Instant Messenger.
- Option to purchase credits to email members if you don’t want to purchase a monthly membership.
- Standard member can reply to 1 email per 24 hours and can email Silver/Gold members who have purchased a Standard Contact package.
- Only 77 members were online, 0 were in the chat rooms & 0 were on IM when we checked.
- Standard (free) members have a limited ability to see the full profile of members.
- If you verify your information with ConfirmID, you’ll get 2 months of Silver membership. This was valid as of June 20, 2011.
- Sometimes bonus months are offered with the purchase of a silver or gold membership. Read the requirements.
- Paid members can upgrade to allow Standard members to contact them.
- Free members that have popular profiles can earn access to more features. For instance, this may allow them to view more profiles and initiate a certain number of emails per day.
- Paid memberships (gold & silver) are cheaper if you buy a 12 or 3 month term versus by the month.
- Part of the FriendFinder network of dating sites.
* Gay Friendfinder defines members as those who have logged in within the past 2 years.