The review of the Lavalife online dating site is below.
Category Reviewed: Online Dating
Updated: June 2011
Membership Types: Free & Paid
Target Groups: Heterosexual
- Over 1.8 million active members* at Lavalife and 26,000 new members* join each week.
- Free members can reply to messages & IMs sent by Paid Members. Many other sites do not allow free members to reply, let alone read a message. As a Paid member you know you can contact anyone regardless of their membership level.
- Very professional site that’s easy to use.
- Three separate sections: Dating, Relationship and Intimate. You can have a profile in one, two or all three sections if you wish.
- All members can send smiles to daters they’re interested in.
- All members can read the entire profile of other members.
- Thorough search parameters including ethnicity (Asian, Hispanic etc), religion (Christian, Spiritual, Jewish etc), languages spoken, smoking/drinking level, and when they were last online (90, 30 or 7 days or now)
- Has been offering Personals since 1987. Started with Teleclassifieds, moved online in 1997 with Webpersonals, and launched as Lavalife in 2001.
- Moved from a credit system (pay per message or 20 minute time interval on IM) to a monthly membership system in June 2009.
- Women who are new to the site may get a lot of IMs and messages when they log in. You can choose to hide your profile when you’re online if you just want to check messages etc.
- Aimed at singles in Canada, the US and Australia, but has members from other countries as well.
- Option of purchasing a 1, 3 or 6 month paid membership. The per month cost is cheaper the longer the membership.My favorite dating site as it’s easy to use.
- An easy to read help guide that deciphers all the icons.
* Member number is as per their web page for Advertisers.