“I like romantic candlelight dinners and walks along a moonlight beach”. Sound familiar? How many dating profiles have you read online that sound like this? Excuse me, but who doesn’t like romantic dinners and walks along the beach? So many dating profiles don’t tell you anything about who the person really is, what is important to them on, what their core values are, what kind of relationship they are looking for, etc.
If you are dating in order to find a truly compatible mate or even if you are dating casually and want to make the most out of your experience, you will need to write a much more focused and interesting profile than most. After all, you deserve to have a rewarding dating experience.
Below are 8 steps that will not only increase the response(s) you get to your profile, but will guarantee you use your time wisely and have a much more satisfying dating experience. As it will take you some time to go through the process outlined below, you might want to post an initial profile and start dating.
8 Steps To Writing Your Attention Grabbing Profile:
- Write down all your best qualities, characteristics, interests, and values. Think about what you do really well, what others appreciate about you, areas of your life where you thrive, and where your passion soars. What is really, really important to you in life and why it is important? Be as specific as you can and write stream of conscious style, without editing or thinking about sentence structure, grammar, etc.
- Ask all your closest friends and family what they see as your best qualities and characteristics. What do they enjoy or appreciate about you? What do you bring into their lives? When do you make them laugh? What have they learned from you?
- Take your notes from your own thoughts and those you have gathered from others. Underline themes, anything that stands out, things that best describe who you are and that you want to include in your profile.
- Start writing your profile based on the above. Don’t just include things like I am honest, dependable, have a wonderful sense of humor, etc. Say something about how you are honest, what honesty means to you. Give an example of how you are dependable. Describe what your humor looks like.
- Take another piece of paper and describe the person you are looking for. Again, be specific and concrete. Think of all the areas you wrote about yourself – qualities, characteristics, values, interests, etc. If there are qualities that you really don’t want in your dating partner state them.
- Get someone to read your profile and ask for feedback. Does this describe you? Does this sound interesting? Is it compelling? Do they get a picture of who you are and what kind of person you are looking for? Do they have an idea of the person you are seeking?
- Post your profile and test the responses you get. When people do respond, ask them what drew them to your profile and why it resonated with them.
- Update your profile periodically to keep it fresh, taking into account any of the information you have gathered from those who have already responded to you.
It will take time to go through this process, but the results you get will be worth the time you invest. Those who respond to you will be more suitable matches, which will help ensure that you have a rewarding dating experience.