The review of the Match com online dating site is below.
Category Reviewed: Online Dating
Updated: June 2011
Membership Types: Free & Paid
- A large site with 3.4 million unique visitors (as per ComScore Feb 2010). There are no specific membership numbers on the Match.com site.
- Special matching technology including ‘Mutual Match’ system.
- All members can see the profile and pictures.
- When you do a search, there are two ways to view the results:
Thumbnails with username, age, city, # of photos, who they are seeking (ie women 35-50) and activity date
OR an expanded view with includes the first couple sentences of each profile.
- You can sort the list of profiles by: Activity Date, Newest First, Age, Distance, Mutual Match, Reverse Match, Photo count and Username
- Can see when the person was last online.
- Match.com was launched in 1995 so it’s an established online dating service.
- Free members can see that they have new mail but can not read them. Unless a profile is highlighted (a premium service) it’s difficult to tell who is a free or paid member and who can and can not read any messages a paid member sends.
- In order to find out if someone has read an email, paid members need to purchase an additional service called “Email Read Notification” to do so.
- Platinum test program allowing free members to read and respond to messages and IMs from Platinum subscribers was cancelled. The only way to read an email is to become a paid member.
- Sign-up process can be lengthy at Match if you take all their tests.
- Yahoo! Personals has migrated to Match.com (2010)
- Must be 18+ years to join Match.