Senior Friend Finder
The review of the Senior Friend Finder dating service is below.
Category Reviewed: Senior Dating (aka Over 45)
Updated: June 2011
Membership Types: Free (Standard) & Paid (Silver and Golde)
(About 10% of men from the US and Canada were looking for other men. Some may also be looking for women and/or just friendship.)
(About 11% of women from the US and Canada were looking for other women. Some may also be looking for men and/or just friendship.)
- Membership is focused at those who are ‘mature’ or 40 years of age and over.
- Senior Friend Finder has over 300,000 members* worldwide. The USA had the most members, followed by India, the UK, Canada and Australia.
- 500 members were online, 60 were in the chat rooms & 48 were on IM when we checked.
- You can chat for free in one of the 3 topical chat rooms.
- You can chat for free on Instant Messenger.
- If you don’t like monthly memberships, there is an option to purchase credits so you can email members.
- Standard members can reply to emails. Standard members can email Silver/Gold members who have purchased a Standard Contact package.
- Standard (free) members have a limited ability to see the full profile of members.
- If you verify your information with ConfirmID, you’ll get 2 months of Silver membership. This was valid as of May 17, 2011.
- Sometimes a bonus month or two is offered with the purchase of a silver or gold membership. Read the requirements.
- While the site is targeted at the over 40 age group, there were as many profiles in the 25-35 age group as there were the 45-55 age group.
- Standard members can earn access to more features if they have a popular profile. This may allow them to view more profiles and initiate a certain number of emails per day.
- Paid members can upgrade to allow Standard members to view their profiles and contact them.
- Paid memberships (gold & silver) are cheaper if you buy a 3 month term versus by the month.
- Can view the site in English only.
- Part of the FriendFinder network of dating sites.
* Senior FriendFinder defines members as those who have logged in within the past 2 years.